Scientific Poster Session Instructions
Tuesday, April 16 and Wednesday, April 17
Pinnacle Ballroom & Foyer, Graduate Minneapolis
Click here for a list of electronic poster and supplemental media FAQs
These instructions apply to authors of accepted contributed papers, and describes the process of creating and submitting the electronic poster for presentation at the conference. The presenting author must register for the conference as a Contributed Papers Presenter and participate in the electronic poster session for the contributed paper to be published in the proceedings. In addition, authors will not be able to upload their electronic poster until they have registered for the conference. (Submission Form will be live soon.)
Electronic Poster Submission:
- Final versions of the electronic posters and optional supplemental media must be uploaded on Monday April 15th by 7:00am (CST). Late submissions will not be included in the electronic poster session and will be pulled from publication.
- All electronic posters must be in PDF file format, with the appropriate naming convention (DMD2019_XXXX.pdf) to be uploaded to the conference website. See link for details
- Files must be in landscape format and 3840 x 2160 pixels.
- If you are creating your poster in Microsoft PowerPoint, set the document size to 53.33" x 30", and save your poster as a pdf file when it is complete.
- Electronic posters will be displayed on large screen electronic poster stations and must be legible without the use of zoom. As such, please follow good design principles in preparing your electronic poster. Click here for an example template and helpful tips.
- Each author may have one supplemental media video file to augment their electronic poster presentation.
- Media files must be submitted in H.264 MP4 file format with maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, using the appropriate naming convention (DMD2019_XXXX.mp4) to be uploaded to conference website.
- Media files should be no longer than 60 seconds and cannot exceed 100MB in size.
On the day of the electronic poster session:
- Electronic posters and their respective supplemental media will be on display throughout the conference from 7:00am to 7:30pm on both electronic poster session dates.
- Each author will be assigned a presentation time slot during their designated electronic poster session in which they will guide the audience through their electronic poster and supplemental media in a mini presentation. During this time the author will be able to zoom into the electronic poster and pull up any associated supplemental media to highlight their research. Your research will be grouped with other electronic posters with similar topics and once all electronic posters have been presented there will be an opportunity to network with other presenters and conference attendees.
- Presenters must be present for the entirety of their respective poster session.
- Each author will be able to access their electronic poster and supplemental media at any electronic poster station at any time throughout the day in order to showcase their research to a conference attendee.
- Tables will not be available for this event and there will not be additional AC power outlets next to your station.
- Conference attendees will be able to browse and access all electronic posters at any electronic poster station and will be provided with each electronic posters presentation time slot. Attendees will also be able to access any submitted contact information in order to contact the author.
All presenters are required to register for the conference by March 26, 2019. Visit the conference Registration Page and register as a "005. Contributed Papers". *If you are a student, there is a student option "006. Contributed Student".
All accepted papers will be published in the Proceedings of the Design of Medical Devices Conference, a publication that will appear as an eBook in the ASME Digital Collection.
Letter of Invitation:
If you require a Letter of Invitation to attend the conference, email the the DMD Conference staff, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following: First & Last Name, Mailing Address, Paper Number and Paper Title.
Certificate of Presentation:
If you require a Certificate of Presentation, email the DMD Conference Staff, email@example.com with the subject heading "Presentation Certificate Request" AFTER April 25, 2019.
Michael Bateman, Poster Session Chair
University of Minnesota
Trisha Huntosh, Conference Coordinator
University of Minnesota
612-626-5642 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Matthew Johnson, Contributed Papers Co-Chair
University of Minnesota
Carl Nelson, Contributed Papers Co-Chair
University of Nebraska-Lincoln