2018 Student Design Showcase Instructions
Tuesday, April 10, 5:30-7:30pm
University Hall, McNamara Alumni Center
You are invited to participate in the 7th Annual Design of Medical Devices Conference Student Design Showcase. The purpose of the showcase is to promote and publicize excellence in medical device design by teams of undergraduate and graduate students conducted as part of their course work. Outstanding student designs will be selected for presentation at the showcase held during the Design of Medical Devices Conference in Minneapolis, April 9, 10-12, 2018.
Showcase Poster Presentation
• All Accepted Papers will be presented in the 2018 Student Design Showcase on
Tuesday, April 10, 5:30pm-7:30pm in University Hall, McNamara Alumni Center
• Set-up time is on Tuesday, April 10 from 4:00pm-5:00pm
• One of the authors must be present at the poster during the entire poster session.
• Please be dressed appropriately in business attire
• The allotted tackable poster space is 91” wide x 45” tall. Push Pins will be provided.
• There will be a table for table-top displays or prototypes next to your poster board.
• There is no guarantee you will have AC power next to your board.
• Please follow good design principles in preparing your poster. Click here for helpful tips.
• Minor changes to presentations are acceptable.
• Please see the conference staff at the registration desk on the 2nd Floor of Graduate Minneapolis (formerly The Commons Hotel) if you wish to store your poster during the conference. *NOTE* pre-shipment of posters is NOT available.
• Professional judges will review entry documents and the presentation by the students at the showcase to determine prize winners.
• Three cash prizes: $500, $300, $200. At least one member of the student design team must be present at the Design Showcase at all times to be considered for a prize. (Winners will be annouced at the end of the event on Tuesday, checks will be mailed)
Each student author attending the conference will receive 1- complimentary full 3 day registration, including all 3 lunches. All presenters of accepted papers are required to register for the conference by March 27, 2018. The lead author will receive instructions for how to complete their registration via email after reviews are complete.
Certificate of Presentation
If you require a Certificate of Presentation, e-mail Trisha Huntosh (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject heading "Showcase Presentation Certificate Request" AFTER April 21, 2018.
Direct your questions to:
|Dr. William Durfee, Showcase Chair
University of Minnesota
Trisha Huntosh, Conference Coordinator
University of Minnesota